Club Service Projects
A Rotary Club in Orlando that works hard to help those who need it the most in the spirit of Service Above Self.
The service projects supported by the Rotary Club of International Drive – Orlando are as diverse as its members, covering local charities and philanthropic initiatives, as well as support for global efforts such as The Rotary Foundation and Polio Plus.
Among the Rotary Club of I-Drive’s Service Projects and Community Initiatives are:
- Blessing Bag Assembly: Our Rotary Club prepares “Blessing Bags” containing toiletries, snacks and other basic hygiene items to help the homeless with the help of The Salvation Army in Orlando. And our goal is to gain sponsors who can help us make this an even bigger event!
- Book Scholarship Fundraiser: Given our close proximity to the UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management, the Rotary Club of International Drive has been committed to offering a small token of appreciation to our hospitality industry students with this scholarship.
- Wheelchair Ramp Construction: Our Rotary Club answered the call by another Rotary Club in District 6980 to collaborate in the construction of wooden access ramps for handicapped recipients.
- ShelterBox: Our club has a ShelterBox Ambassador, Andres Goyanes, who represents this Rotary-inspired disaster relief organization at numerous events throughout Central Florida.
- RYLA Student Sponsorship: We sponsor two secondary-school students to the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards.
- Rotary Youth Exchange: We are proud sponsors of an inbound and an outbound exchange students through our partnership with other Rotary Clubs worldwide.
We continue to increase our involvement in the Central Florida community, District 6980 and the global Rotary community. Our members’ diversity in backgrounds and classifications is a great asset to the clout we offer in the spirit of Rotary.
Interested in joining our Club Project efforts or exploring collaborative opportunities? Be sure to contact our club for more information.
About our Rotary Club
The Rotary Club of International Drive – Orlando was chartered on January 25th, 2012. Since then, our Club has welcomed hundreds of visiting Rotarians who have come to enjoy Orlando’s famous theme parks and to attend trade shows and conventions at the Orange County Convention Center. Meetings are held weekly, except on the weeks of July 4th and the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
Our Rotary Club of International Drive meets from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm at at the following address:
Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando
9000 International Drive,
Orlando, FL 32819
Nuestro Club Rotario celebra su reunion semanal de 6:30 pm a 7:30 pm. Las reuniones son en el idioma ingles.
2019-2020 Club Board & Officers
President: Terrill Booker
President-Elect: Kevin Bell
Secretary/IPP: Chris Evans
Treasurer: Erdal Ersoy
Co-Treasurer: Helen Chen
Sergeant-at-Arms: Ron Tuttle
Membership: Aaron Morrison
Youth Service: Veronica-Olivo Goyanes
Public Image: Andres Goyanes