Club Service Projects
A Rotary Club in Orlando that works hard to help those who need it the most in the spirit of Service Above Self.
The service projects supported by the Rotary Club of International Drive – Orlando are as diverse as its members, covering local charities and philanthropic initiatives, as well as support for global efforts such as The Rotary Foundation and Polio Plus.
Among the Rotary Club of I-Drive’s Service Projects and Community Initiatives are:
- Blessing Bag Assembly: Our Rotary Club prepares “Blessing Bags” containing toiletries, snacks and other basic hygiene items to help the homeless with the help of The Salvation Army in Orlando. And our goal is to gain sponsors who can help us make this an even bigger event!
- Book Scholarship Fundraiser: Given our close proximity to the UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management, the Rotary Club of International Drive has been committed to offering a small token of appreciation to our hospitality industry students with this scholarship.
- Wheelchair Ramp Construction: Our Rotary Club answered the call by another Rotary Club in District 6980 to collaborate in the construction of wooden access ramps for handicapped recipients.
- ShelterBox: Our club has a ShelterBox Ambassador, Andres Goyanes, who represents this Rotary-inspired disaster relief organization at numerous events throughout Central Florida.
- RYLA Student Sponsorship: We sponsor two secondary-school students to the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards.
- Rotary Youth Exchange: We are proud sponsors of an inbound and an outbound exchange students through our partnership with other Rotary Clubs worldwide.
We continue to increase our involvement in the Central Florida community, District 6980 and the global Rotary community. Our members’ diversity in backgrounds and classifications is a great asset to the clout we offer in the spirit of Rotary.
Interested in joining our Club Project efforts or exploring collaborative opportunities? Be sure to contact our club for more information.